Instructions for Installing BlackBerry Themes Manually
Posted by freeappsblackberry on December 12, 2009
- Manually installing BlackBerry themes is a bit more involved than Over The Air installations. Generally these themes come in the form of a zip file, and you’ll need to download it to your PC. For this example I’m going to use a Vista BlackBerry Theme. Once downloaded, extract the zip file to somewhere on your hard drive that you’ll remember. I have a specific folder for BlackBerry themes, but anywhere will do.
- Now launch your BlackBerry Desktop Manager (and make sure your BlackBerry is connected to your PC). From the Main Menu select Application Loader
- From the Add / Remove Applications section, click the Start button.
- Click the Browse… button below the Device application selection list.
- Navigate to the folder you stored your theme file in, select it, and click Open.
- The BlackBerry Desktop Manager will now run a check on that file…
- and now it will be listed in the Device application selection list. Make sure that the check-box is checked, and that Install is the Action. Click the Next button.
- You’ll be presented with a Summary screen that will list your new theme as the ‘software’ to install on your BlackBerry. Click Finish.
- First the theme will load…
- and then the BlackBerry Desktop Manager will make the connection to your device, and install the theme.
- At this point you should have a successful update. You can return to the main menu and/or disconnect your BlackBerry.
- Navigate to the Themes section of your BlackBerry Options and select your newly installed theme.
- Exit out of the Theme Options, and your new theme will be up and running. That’s it!