MLB.com Desktop Icon for Blackberry
Posted by freeappsblackberry on December 19, 2009
MLB.com Desktop Icon for Blackberry
Get faster access to MLB scores, news, and more wherever you go! This downloadable application places an MLB.com icon on your BlackBerry which takes you directly to the MLB.com Mobile Web site with a single click.
There are two ways to get the MLB.com Desktop Icon.
- Over the Air: Visit the following URL on your BlackBerry and follow the instructions listed there. http://wap.mlb.com/blackberry
- Avoid over the air costs, use your PC: To load the MLB.com desktop Icon from your PC click below. Note: You will need Internet Explorer and a USB connection to your BlackBerry. Download Now.
- Issue: I cannot load the home screen icon from my PC.
- Make sure you are using Internet Explorer. Firefox and other browsers are not supported.
- Make sure your BlackBerry is connected to your PC via a USB cable.
- You may see a message that reads, “Unable to create the loader Active X Control. Please review your security settings and user privileges on this machine.” If this occurs, you will see a yellow bar just below the Address bar that reads, “This site might require the following ActiveX control: ‘AxLoader.cab’ from ‘Research In Motion’. Click here to install…” Click anywhere on the yellow bar, then select “Install ActiveX Control”. Select “Install” on the next screen to finish.
- You may see a message that reads, “The BlackBerry USB Driver is not installed.” Make sure the BlackBerry Desktop Software is installed on your PC so that the proper drivers are installed and the PC can connect to the BlackBerry properly.
- Issue: The desktop icon appears to have loaded successfully, but I can’t find the icon on my BlackBerry
- If the MLB.com icon is not on your BlackBerry’s Home Screen, it may be found in the “Applications” folder instead. If you would like to transfer the MLB.com icon from the Applications folder to your Home Screen, you will need to change the Theme on your BlackBerry. To do this, go to Settings >> Options >> Theme. You will have several Themes to choose from, with the current Theme marked “Active”. To change it, highlight a different Theme and select it. Keep doing this until you find a theme you like that also has the MLB.com icon on the Home Screen.
- If you are using a BlackBerry with software version v4.2.2 or above, you can move the icon directly out of the “Applications” folder. To check your system version go to Options >> About. Follow the instructions for moving icons below.
- Issue: How do I move the icon to where I want it on the Home Screen?
- Once the MLB.com icon is on your Home Screen, you can move it to the location of your choice. Highlight the MLB.com icon and, depending on your model of BlackBerry, either select the Menu key or hold down the Alt key and press the trackwheel. Then select “Move Application”. Use the trackwheel or direction keys to move the icon to the location of your choice, then press the trackwheel or center key to finish.
This entry was posted on December 19, 2009 at 4:00 am and is filed under BB Apps review. Tagged: blackberry application, blackberry applications, blackberry apps, free application blackberry, free applications blackberry, Free apps blackberry, free blackberry application, free blackberry applications, free blackberry apps, MLB.com Desktop Icon for Blackberry. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.