Blackberry tips & triks 55 : Basic Shortcut Keys For Calling Functions
Posted by freeappsblackberry on January 28, 2010
Blackberry Smartphones are setup for easy one handed navigation, however Research In Motion (RIM) have also added shortcut keys much like those found on your computers keyboard. Simply follow the directions in this article and you’ll soon be more quickly using your Blackberry.
- Basic Shortcut Keys For Calling Functions
The tips listed below will allow Blackberry Bold and Curve users to quickly launch several important and often used features directly from their keyboard.
- Insert the “+” symbol into a phone number – Hold down the O key. This is going to be used if you’re dialing an international number or if you are travelling abroad as the + key is often used.
- Include an extension number with a phone number – Press the devices “Alt” key along with the “X” key and then enter the extension number.
- Create a speed dial number – From the home screen or from the phone screen, whichever you prefer simply hold down the key you want to assign the number to, its much like presetting radio stations on most modern radios. Before creating speed dial number, you should have already activated your keyboard shortcut.
- Turn Speakerphone Option Off and On – The device features a speakerphone button, it is located next to ‘enter’ key, simply press it.
- Enter A Letter into the phone number field – Press the “Alt” key + the key of the letter you want to include.
- Check Voicemail – Hold down the 1 key. This is pretty standard on most cell phones found on the market today.
- From the phone screen view your contacts – Simply hold down the Send Key.