Forecast Is Sunnier With Updated WeatherBug
Posted by freeappsblackberry on February 13, 2010
Another thanks to Josh for this one, WeatherBug has updated in the BlackBerry App World to v18.104.22.168. WeatherBug is a free weather app that many users love. The description states: “Stay informed and prepared with live local weather, severe weather alerts, in-depth forecasts, camera views, detailed radar maps and international weather.”
Features included are (it states the Storm but is available to all):
- Live neighborhood weather from over 8,000 weather stations in the U.S.
- Current weather, forecast and NWS alerts for your GPS location.
- Current conditions icon and outdoors temperature on your BlackBerry desktop.
- “Always on” NWS weather alerts such as Tornado warnings.
- 7-day and hourly forecasts.
- Detailed radar and maps.
- Daily National Weather Outlook broadcasts provided by WeatherBug meteorologists.
- Check the weather on BlackBerry Maps by simply touching any area on the map for two (2) seconds.
- View snapshots and time-lapse animations from more than 2,000 weather cameras in the U.S. Set-up new locations by pulling the location information from your contact list.
- Share the current weather information, forecast, alerts and camera views with friends and family.
- The application is Advertising supported and free for consumers
It’s free, so there’s nothing to lose to try it if you haven’t already. If you have it, please update it.